Up: Templates for the Solution
In this section, we present some of the notation we use
throughout the book.
We have tried to use standard notation that would be found
in any current publication on the subjects covered.
Throughout, we follow several conventions:
- Matrices are denoted by capital letters.
- Vectors are denoted by lowercase letters.
- Lowercase Greek letters usually denote scalars, for instance
- Matrix elements are denoted by doubly indexed lowercase letter,
- Matrix subblocks are denoted by doubly indexed uppercase letters.
We define matrix of dimension and block dimension
We define vector of dimension as follows:
Other notation is as follows:
- (or simply if the size is clear from the
context) denotes the identity matrix.
- = diag denotes that matrix has elements
on its diagonal, and zeros everywhere else.
- denotes the th element of vector during
the th iteration
Mon Nov 20 08:52:54 EST 1995