Subject: proposal iii

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 12:21:59 GMT

Private message
---------------

Dear Tony

Regarding Proposals I, III and VII I will be prepared to make value
judgement oriented comments over the next couple of days.

Whereas the comparisions of Proposal III versus I and VII which you have
included in III are useful, I believe that the value judgments which you
also included are inappropriate to the document, and unhelpful to the
process of the subcommittee (not to mention unfair on the authors of the
other proposals especially Rik and myself). 

I hope that you will endeavour to edit such material out of your
proposal and resubmit to Steve Otto for circulation in the MPI draft. 

Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/

----- End Included Message -----
Lyndon,

I disagree and I will not remove them.  Feel free to add your own
conclusion comments to your and ask Marc to do so for his.  I find them
completely appropriate.

- Tony

---

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 17:53:29 GMT

Tony

I am dissapointed that you find it necessary to circulate the private
message publically.  I shall reply to you personally.  I believe that
the point I made is valid. 

Since you advise to add comments into the conclusion section of the
chapters, will you also advise as to the mechanism considering that the
chapters have gone to the MPI draft editor for inclusion into the draft. 

Best Wishes
Lyndon

> 
> 
> ----- Begin Included Message -----
> 
> >From [email-masked] Thu Mar 25 06:16:18 1993
> Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 12:21:59 GMT
> From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
> Subject: proposal iii
> To: [email-masked]
> Reply-To: [email-masked]
> Content-Length: 950
> 
> Private message
> ---------------
> 
> Dear Tony
>

---

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 12:57:17 CST

----- Begin Included Message -----

---

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 11:29:14 CST

----- Begin Included Message -----

Private message
---------------

Dear Tony

Best Wishes
Lyndon

----- End Included Message -----
Lyndon,

- Tony

----- End Included Message -----

Please disregard this message.  I was annoyed with Lyndon, and I had
not seen his helpful summary then.  I have proposed a more constructive
resolution to our tiff.

- Tony