Subject: Re: Context and safety

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 93 20:14:10 CDT

Hi,

I have to read Jim's comments in greater detail before I respond.
I guess it is somewhat late for a totally new proposal, don't you
think... as we are refining the intra-comm quite well at this point.

Anyway, I will incorporate those ideas that are reasonable into the
proposal draft by August 5.

- Tony

---

From: James Cownie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1993 17:46:38 +0100

Tony, 

> think... as we are refining the intra-comm quite well at this point.

I agree it's late. I apologise. As I warned you before I left I had
other unavoidable committments which ate up a week of my time away
from the net.

I believe that I could construct something very close to the current
proposal in its treatment of groups, but containing the cacheing scheme
I proposed as the way of manipulating contexts, and thus avoiding
their exposure to the user. 

This would retain communicators as separate objects from groups, but
initial communicator creation from a group would be a collective
operation. 

I will happily do this if you care to send me the latest source for
the chapter.

Alternatively we can try to have a straw poll to find out which style
the (full ?) committee prefers. In some sense this is unfair unless I
produce a full document to the same level of detail as the extant
draft, since sketchy outlines can easily look more attractive than a
full proposal.

Tell me what to do ! (other than go jump in a lake !)

-- Jim
James Cownie 
Meiko Limited			Meiko Inc.
650 Aztec West			Reservoir Place
Bristol BS12 4SD		1601 Trapelo Road
England				Waltham
				MA 02154

Phone : +44 454 616171		+1 617 890 7676
FAX   : +44 454 618188		+1 617 890 5042
E-Mail: [email-masked]   or    [email-masked]