Subject: Proposals I & V

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 93 13:03:12 CST

Dear Context sub-committee.... we are alive and well, despite rumors
of our demise :-),

By 7pm EST on Monday, I would like this committee's accepted forms
of Proposals I and V to be ready for repromulgation to the entire MPI
list.   This is necessary because we need to replace Marc Snir's
straw CONTEXT proposals in pt2pt and collcomm; they are only
supposed to be placeholders from what I understand, awaiting our
efforts.  From what I also have understood by speaking with Lyndon
on telephone just now, Proposal I is our substantive replacement
for these placeholders (but only one of the options for closure
as we see it).  For those of you who don't know, Rik sent out V
a few days ago, but no commentary has been seen; Lyndon just sent
out I (or I++ as he calls it ).

This is to be followed by my presentation of III/IV by March 24, which
we will discuss forthwith.

There is no proposal 2 anymore.  Please interact on I & V (I
will comment as well), and help me to get these in shape by Monday,
as stipulated.

Please urge the organizers to include CONTEXT subcommittee in agenda
as originally discussed in Dallas.  We are no longer figuring as
significantly as originally discussed/agreed, as far as I can tell,
because of the chosen ordering of presentations (I am not sure
we are even on the first day at all).  Are we on the agenda now?

Thanks,
- Tony