Subject: Re: Convolution

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 93 14:15:01 BST

Hi David

Yeah, I noticed that too.  But is there any difference between the two
cases? In both cases all processes call mpi_safemake_comm(fft_group,
init_group, ...).  In both cases half the proesses are the fft_group
which is composed of the odd members of init_group, and half the
processes are the fft_group which is composed of the odd members of
init_group.  Yeah, it looks like the example just dont work in this
respect, wherever the mpi_safemake_comm(fft_group, init_group, ...) call
is placed. On the other hand maybe I'm making a stupid error again as I
am rushing. What do you think?

Best Wishes
Lyndon

> 
> Lyndon,
> 	I think there's a bug in your/my program. You can't call mpi_safemake_comm
> inside the conditional because it is a collective routine that must be called
> loosely synchronously by all processes in fft_group and init_group.
> 
> David
> 
         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/