Subject: Names for communicator objects

From: [email-masked] (David Walker)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1993 14:21:01 -0400

Has anyone come up with sensible names for communicator objects. At the last
MPI meeting they were called floopy, bongo, and bingo. I suggest they be 
called C1, C2, and C3 communicators instead.

David
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| David W. Walker                 |   Office   : (615) 574-7401          |
| Oak Ridge National Laboratory   |   Fax      : (615) 574-0680          |
| Building 6012/MS-6367           |   Messages : (615) 574-1936          |
| P. O. Box 2008                  |   Email    : [email-masked] |
| Oak Ridge, TN 37831-6367        |                                      |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 13:29:47 CDT

We have sensible names for these things.
It is part of the proposal X rewrite

The highest level would be inter-group-communicator, the next lowest
is intra-group-communication, and I am not sure what the lowest
should be (will review notes).

C1, C2, C3 do not contain enough semantic information to be helpful,
to my mind...

- Tony

----- Begin Included Message -----