Subject: Re: Silence?

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 17:14:46 GMT

Dear MPI Context Colleagues

Stephen writes:

> I'm still trying to dig through a pile of documents to find
> which one I'm supposed to "be non-silent about" and which
> ones are too old. 

I guess plenty of subcommittee members will have this difficulty.  
I believe that I can be of service by providing clarification. 

The chapter(s) from this subcommittee which (to my knowledge) Tony has
sent for inclusion in the MPI draft were circulated by Tony to the
subcomittee mail list.  The messages of interest are:

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 93 10:57:27 CST
From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Subject: draft of MPI Context proposals (Latex)

Date: Wed, 24 Mar 93 11:04:43 CST
From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Subject: postscript of draft (uuencoded)

I also refer you to a helpful summary sent out by myself :-) 
The message of interest is:

Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 15:44:59 GMT
From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Subject: Helpful Summary of Contexts Proposals

> When you get 3 or so of these a day
> out of context (pun not intended), i.e., not an author,
> it's hard to keep up with it.  By the time one doc
> is printed it is already history.

Yes, this has been a busy mail list recently, and I do apologise for
having worked so hard on the MPI communication contexts :-)

If you have time and enthuiasm I expect that you would find tracing
through the historical evolution of these documents over the past week
both interesting and revealing.

Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/