Subject: gone

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 93 19:03:21 GMT

Hi Rik

I away home with the laptop, and off-line for the evening.

If you want to discuss my comments, or make comments to me, or whatever,
today then feel free to phone me at home if you are able.  My homephone
is + 44 31 557 0480.

I am going to work on proposal I, to contract it to essentially the
"Snir" model as originally discussed --- i.e.  I'm going to delete the
extended part at least.  I never really did like retrofitting my
requirements onto that. 

I am then going to write a proposal II' which separates contexts and
groups, and meets requirements, and which I all along preferred in
shape.  I hope you don't mind me borrowing the number, I have annotated
to indicate that this is not the original II :-)

There will be much room for the group identifier cache in II'.  I will
mention this but not deal with it in any detail at this point. 

This is work I will do with the optimistic assumption that the "gang of
three (four, five?)" will find this acceptable.  I hope to mail out
tomorrow afternoon GMT. 

Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/