PSE Projects ...
Globus (Ian Foster and Karl Kesselman)
- Basic infrastructure supporting computation that integrates geographically-distributed resources
- Building a parallel programming environment to support the dynamic identification and composition of resources on the internets, and mechanisms for authentication, authorization, and delegation of trust within environments of this scale.
Legion (Andrew Grimshaw)
- Worldwide virtual computer
- millions of hosts, trillions of objects
- high performance parallel applications
- Seamless transparent integration of
- gigabit wide area networks
- parallel supercomputers
- workstations and PC’s