Up: Overview of Iterative Linear
The following chart gives some basic information about the packages.
Please consult the previous section for a more detailed discussion of
the individual packages.
- Does the package run in parallel? All the parallel
packages are based on MPI, other protocols are noted.
- Does the package contain iterative methods?
A few packages have preconditioners as their main focus, but suppply
one or a few iterative methods for the user who doesn't have any yet.
- Does the package contain preconditioners?
- How does the package interface to user data? See
note 3 below.
- What is the implementation language of the package?
- Not the main focus of this package.
- The library abstracts away from data structure
implementation aspects; parallelism is possible, but
is the user's responsibility.
- For the explanation of terms `internal', `prescribed',
`supplied', and `free', see section 2.2.1.
- converted from compressed row format.
- converted from Harwell-Boeing format.
- Identical to Petsc format.
- Nothing beyond Jacobi.
- The external product and solve routines are
presumed to find the matrix in a common block.
- Can not be chosen independently of the iterative
method: the user picks a combination.
- Fortran interface provided.
- Preconditioners provided in an example C++ matrix class
Mon Aug 25 17:46:10 PDT 1997