Problems with HPC Software and Technologies
- Incompatible tools use different data formats, programming
models, protocols, and user interfaces.
- Users may be unable to differentiate between large number of
functionally different but superficially similar tools or software modules.
- Use of tools and software often requires in depth knowledge of parallel
programming or numerical analysis.
- Application scientist may be at early stage of problem solving process
and be unsure how to proceed to next stage.
- Large scale Grand Challenge and National Challenge problems are
multidisciplinary and involve both information processing and
- User may not have appropriate hardware and software or may lack
expertise to install software.