Subject: New release of portable MPI implementation

From: Rusty Lusk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 1994 12:38:46 -0500

A new version of the Argonne - Mississippi State portable MPI implementation
is available by anonymous ftp from info.mcs.anl.gov, in the directory pub/mpi.
Take the file mpich-Jul13.tar.Z.  See the README file in the distribution for
details of building, installing, and running the new version.  A copy of the
README is also in the ftp directory.

New in the July 13, 1994 version:

  Tested on the Meiko CS2 (configure -device=ch_p4 -arch=meiko)

  Tested on the SGI Onyx

  Enhanced upshot that can read ParaGraph log files

  Better installation procedures (make install PREFIX=/usr/local/mpi).  The
    examples subdirectory will contain a location-independent Makefile
    that can be copied and modified for user programs.

  Better support for sites without Fortran  (configure .... -nof77)

  An early version of a portable command for launching mpi programs (in
    util/mpirun).  It knows about workstation networks, the Meiko CS-2, the
    Intel Paragon, and the IBM SP1.
  
  MPI executables built with the ch_p4 device can be started on clusters by
  the next release of DQS, which is currently being tested.

  The "Errata" in the May 5th draft recently posted by Steve Otto have been
    incorporated:  the input status argument to the C versions of
    MPI_Get_count, MPI_Get-elements, and MPI_Test_cancelled is now passed as a
    pointer, and several arguments specified as ints have changed to
    MPI_Aints.  For details, see the Errata posted on netlib.

Problem reports to [email-masked].
 
Nathan Doss
Bill Gropp
Rusty Lusk
Tony Skjellum