Subject: letter from Olga! =) (Unverified)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 22:06:11 -0500

Not to long ago, I posted a message re: meeting women of the former 
soviet union through romance ads.

     In August, Olga will travel to Moscow from her home in Kiev, Ukraine.  
In Moscow, Olga will have a much easier and cost efficient means to place 
your personal romance ad throughout Russia.

Last week I received the following from Olga:

     "I have already sent your ad to the papers in such towns: Moscow, 
St. Petersburg, Vladimir, Kazan.  At nearest future I will send your ad to the
paper in some more 12 towns of Russia, where papers are published.
     Some times (in winter, spring & now) I placed your ad in other papers, 
but they are not most popular paper in Moscow and some large cities of Russia.
     Besides, I am continuing to place your ad in papers of Ukraine.  I 
promise to place your ad in some other papers when I will come to Moscow in 
August.  I am glad that you have received fairly many letters from Russian & 
Ukrainian girls and I think you will received some more ones and will find 
your ideal in my country soon.
     I thank you very much ones more for your kindness & your help.
My best wishes,

Olga"

     This isn't a scam - call it panhandling if you want. . . I sent her $40 
or $50 and I've received over 45 responses.  Unlike placing romance ads in 
the U.S., women from the former USSR respond.  Although one would guess the 
are doing so in the hopes of American citizenship, I haven't found it so.

     Olga lives in Kiev, Ukraine (population 3 million) and will travel to 
Moscow in August to visit her father.  If you were to send a letter this 
week, she would receive it in time.  The population of Moscow is 10 million 
-- (3 times the size of Los Angeles.)

     Feel free to send a letter and ask her your questions.  She will be happy
to respond.

Olga's address:

Ukraine
Kiev 253121
Dekabristov Street 5 - 178
Olga Kozmina

     I am posting anonymously because of the flames and volume of inquiries 
that would result otherwise.  I think those who are truely interested will 
take the time to write.
_____________________________________________________________________________
To: probable flamer
Subject: polite note

     Although Olga has never seen a newsgroup nor heard of "net-etiquette," 
she believes that offering lonely singles the possibility of romance exceeds 
the cost of angering those who feel the net shouldn't be used in this fashion.
     IHA (I humbly ask) that you not flame the postmaster of this site.

peace. . .