Subject: Announcement: Upcoming Software Tools Workshop

From: Robin Allen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 1996 14:22:43 +0000

Hi all.
This is to announce an upcoming European software tools workshop, Brussels, 5
February 1997. If you are interested in attending, please reply to the address
at the end of the message, not the mail address of this message! Thanks.

European Commission workshop for High-Performance Computing and Networking
(HPCN) Software Tools

Brussels, 5 February 1997

The European Commission recently engaged Smith System Engineering and the
PAC to undertake a survey of HPCN software tools.
The Commission's objectives in performing this survey were to assess the
current status of HPCN tools and to develop a strategy for further
investment and exploitation. The results of the survey will be presented by
Smith and the PAC at the forthcoming workshop in Brussels. Details of the
venue and agenda will be distributed in January.
In addition to providing feedback on the findings of the survey, the
workshop will be used to stimulate discussion on the 'way ahead' for
European HPCN software tools. In particular, it will provide a forum for
debate on software tool development, the EC's framework programme and the
newly forming Technology Transfer Node (TTN) network.
The workshop will last one day with the morning dedicated to presentation
of the study's results and the EC's perspectives. In the afternoon, two
parallel sessions will debate the current issues in HPCN software tool
development. The findings of the two sessions will then be consolidated and
discussed.
If you are interested in taking part in the workshop please mail your details

To: Dr Daron Green                      Fax: +44 1483 442304

Name:

Address:

Company:

Tel:

email:

Stuart A Haire
System Engineer

/////////////////////////////////
/ Smith System Engineering Ltd  /
/ Surrey Research Park          /
/ Guildford                     /
/ Surrey                        /
/ GU2 5YP                       /
/ e-mail: [email-masked]/
/ tel: +44 (0)1483 442103       /
/ fax: +44 (0)1483 442304       /
/ mobile: 0468 946960           /
/////////////////////////////////