Subject: MPI-2 BOF at SC95 [comp.parallel.mpi #1058]

From: [email-masked] (Rusty Lusk)
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 1995 09:42:30 -0600

------ Forwarded Article <[email-masked]>
------ From [email-masked] (Steve Huss-Lederman)

This is to announce that there will be a Birds-of-a-Feather about
MPI-2 at Supercomputing '95.  The session will be from 3:30-5:00 on
Wednesday, December 6 in Room 11A.  The first half of the session will
be an overview of the current thinking in the MPI-2 standards effort;
the second half will be public comments and input.  To give people
interested in the details of the MPI-2 standards effort a chance to
review them, the MPI Forum is making the current DRAFT of the MPI-2
document available.  It can be gotten from
ftp://ftp.mcs.anl.gov/pub/mpi/mpi2/mpi-draft.ps.Z.  To give people a
flavor of the MPI-2 standards effort, the abstract for the document is
attached below.

Hope to see you there.

The MPI Forum
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This document describes the MPI-2 effort to add extensions to the
original MPI standard.  The MPI-2 effort began in March 1995 and
the additions to the standard are scheduled to be released for public
comment at Supercomputing '96. Topics being explored for possible
inclusion in MPI-2 are dynamic processes, one-sided communications,
extended collective operations, external interfaces, additional
language bindings, real-time communications, and miscellaneous topics.

NOTE: This is the current state of some of the chapters being drafted
for possible inclusion in the MPI-2 standard document.  It represents
the ongoing work of the MPI Forum in an incomplete and tentative form,
but is being distributed with the intention of desseminating the work
of the MPI Forum and to allow people attending the BOF at
Supercomputing '95 to understand the topics under consideration.  The
proposals for MPI-2 are still very much under development.  It is very
likely that the final MPI-2 standard will differ in important ways
from this draft.  As a result, this draft should not be taken as a
promise of the final form of the MPI-2 standard.

------ End of Forwarded Article