Subject: tee-shirt/ghostview problem

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 93 09:13:49 PDT

Al Geist sent us a PostScript file and wrote:

% Here is a possible T-shirt design.

Be aware that you may have trouble previewing and/or printing
that file.

I tried previewing with ghostview (version 1.4).
It failed with the following diagnostic:

    Error: /undefined in 2.61386e-08
    Operand stack:
	-savetype-  -savetype-  -savetype-  -marktype-
    Execution stack:
	%interp_exit    --nostringval--  --nostringval--  false  
	--nostringval--  --nostringval--  --nostringval--
    Dictionary stack:
	399/479  7/200  37/51  1/17  0/17  5/17
    Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

However, when I replaced "2.61386e-08" and all similar strings
with "0.", it worked fine.  Further experiments suggested that
ghostview just doesn't accept negative exponents.  This problem
is being reported to the ghostview people.

The file did print correctly on an Apple LaserWriter II and on a
DEC PrintServer 20.

--Rik
----------------------------------------------------------------------
[email-masked] (alias 'd39135')   Rik Littlefield
Tel: 509-375-3927                         Pacific Northwest Lab, MS K1-87
Fax: 509-375-6631                         P.O.Box 999, Richland, WA  99352