Subject: ``Final'' MPI meeting

From: Jack Dongarra <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 94 08:52:54 -0500

We are planning to have the ``Final'' MPI Meeting 
in Knoxville, Tennessee February 23rd-25th.
Plan to fly into the Knoxville airport, called the Knoxville 
McGhee-Tyson airport.

We have made arrangements with the Hilton Hotel in downtown Knoxville.

  Hilton Hotel
  501 W. Church Street
  Knoxville, TN
  Phone:  615-523-2300

The room rate is $64.00. When making a reservation tell them you are
with the MPI meeting.  

Rooms under MPI for the above rate will be available until Feb. 1, 
after that, they will be on an availability basis.

The hotel provides a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel.
There is a hotel phone located in the airport lower level at baggage
pickup. Let the hotel know you have arrived and are with MPI and they
will arrange to pick you up; or you can call the hotel in advance, 
give your flight # and arrival time, and the hotel will go ahead and 
schedule a pick up. The hotel shuttle leaves the hotel on-the-hour and
picks up at the airport on-the-half-hour so there could be a delay.
You can rent a car or get a cab from the airport to the hotel as well.
Its about a 15-20 minute ride.

(There is a Hilton located at the Knoxville airport.  Do not confuse 
this hotel with the meeting Hilton located in downtown Knoxville.)

We should plan to start at 1:00 pm Wednesday February 23rd and finish 
about 12:00 pm on Friday February 25th.

The registration fee for the meeting will be $75.  
Please make checks and POs payable to University of Tennessee.
We will collect this at the meeting.
The registration fee will go for coffee breaks, meeting rooms, AV.

The format of the meeting is as before:

Wednesday, February 23rd
1:00 pm to 8:00 pm
2 Breakouts for 10 people
1 Breakout for 20 people
5:00 pm to 7:00 pm--Dinner.

Thursday, February 24th
8:00 am to 10:00 pm
1 U-shape room for 40 people
6:00 pm to 8:00 pm--
The group dinner somewhere in the area.  

Friday, February 25th
8:00 am to 12:00 pm
1 U-shape room for 40 people

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
Jack