Subject: Re: clarification of reduce with complex datatypes

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 17:30:43 BST

So we are saying that we take the max/min for complex according to
modulus thereof.  Why dont we just not offer max/min of complex in MPI. 
In no other case do we offer max/min of function(data), just max/min of
data.  The user can easily store the modulus in a real (or double)
array, and do max/min on that. 

1c
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: Tony Skjellum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 13:27:22 CDT

I concur with Lyndon's suggestion!
-Tony

----- Begin Included Message -----

---

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 94 17:30:43 BST

1c
Lyndon

----- End Included Message -----