Subject: subset chapter

From: [email-masked] (Steve Huss-Lederman)
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 93 20:53:07 EDT

Hello all,

Since the upcomming meeting will have our final vote on each chapter,
I thought I would let everyone know that the latest version of the
subset chapter is available.  To get use anonymous ftp to
ftp.super.org in pub/mpi.  Only the PostScript is there since there
are x-refs, etc.  The sections reference might differ from the various
drafts of chapters that are out there; I used the latest ones I had
for each.

The major changes from the last meeting:

- all intra-communicator and group functionality is in.  all
inter-communicator and caching is out.

- All derived datatype stuff is in.

- the new collective communication function MPI_REDUCE_SCATTER is in
but MPI_USER_REDUCE_SCATTER and MPI_USER_REDUCE_SCATTERA are out.  (I
thought that this new name would be the longest yet in MPI but the
context people still have a strong hold on this with
MPI_LOCAL_SUBGROUP_EXCL_RANGES and  After you add the P
for profiling you get an amazing 31 characters.  I'm surprised it can
fit on the Tee Shirt :-)

- profiling is in

- Environmental management is still up in the air.  We will need to
discuss this at the meeting to see what we want in/out.  If you have
thoughts please post to mpi-iac.

See you all soon in Dallas.

Steve