Subject: Re: Dissolve this mailing list?

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 94 10:22:40 BST

> David Walker expressed interest at the last MPI meeting to dissolve this mailing
> list (and possibly others) when comp.parallel.mpi had formed.  This has 
> happened now, and is the logical place for most if not all of the MPI 
> reflector discussions.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks, Tony

Just one thought that it take people a while to get used to changes.  So
the question is whether we can configure the mail address to behave
differently:

(a) dont send to list of people on mail list
(b) post message to comp.parallel.mpi
(c) advisory reply to message sender that should post to
    comp.parallel.mpi instead of send to [email-masked]

Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/

---

From: [email-masked] (James Cownie)
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 1994 10:44:07 +0000

> reflector discussions.  Any other thoughts?  Thanks, Tony

The reach of e-mail is probably larger than news, so there may well be
people who can subscribe to the mail, but do not have access to news
groups. 

We should be careful before dis-enfranchising this community.

-- Jim 
James Cownie 
Meiko Limited			Meiko Inc.
650 Aztec West			130C Baker Avenue Ext.
Bristol BS12 4SD		Concord
England				MA 01742

Phone : +44 454 616171		+1 508 371 0088
FAX   : +44 454 618188		+1 508 371 7516
E-Mail: [email-masked]   or    [email-masked]
WWW   : http://www.meiko.com:8080/welcome.html