Subject: Re: AGENDA!

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 93 16:16:47 GMT

David writes:

> 
> I don't think Lyndon's suggestion to make the timetable session the first of
> the meeting is a good idea. How can a timetable be set if we don't know
> what's to be included, 
> and if we don't know how much of the current proposals
> are acceptable.
> 

I see your point on the matter of establishing a firm timetable.  It
seems to me, and there has been a fair bit of traffic on it, that we
need to establish boundaries for what will be in MPI.  It seems to me
that this needed to be the first thing to thrash out at the next
meeting.  I agree with you that timetables should be sorted out later. 

> We could move the session on contexts, groups etc. up front I guess.

This seems to mean that the context subcommittee has to come to the
"report and proposal to whole committee" stage without the opportunity
to meet.  My understanding was that we had intended to reach that stage
at the next meeting, after a subcommittee meeting.  Personally I can
handle doing this by email over the next 10 days, but I'm not sure that
the whole of the subcommittee can. 

Thanks for the comments, and pointing out my error in supposing that the
timetable could be determined at the beginning of the meeting. 

Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/