Subject: A proposal.

From: Steven Ericsson Zenith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 15:07:51 -0600

I've seen several proposals and made a few suggestions myself. I have
now had a chance to look at Gropp and Lusk's Manual for the test
implementation and I like it as a starting point. I propose to all
subcommittees that we use this document as the focus for discussion
along with the introduction Jack sent around yesterday.

This shouldn't be taken as an endorsement by me of the Gropp and Lusk
manual - I have several remarks I would like to make at a later stage.
However, it is clear that we need a well considered and simple starting
point and I see that in this document plus the introduction.

Do I have any seconders?

In the HPFF committe structure description we received a few days ago it
was noted that much success came from someone taking charge of the
central document. I implore someone to do this (Jack?).

Steven

P.S. I am not ignoring the other comments made in the committees - I
think they too can - after debate - be folded into the suggested
starting point.