Subject: Next MPI meeting

From: [email-masked] (David Walker)
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 1993 10:44:06 -0400

*******************************************************************
********                                                   ********
******** Subcommittee chairs!! Please send me agenda items ********
********                                                   ********
*******************************************************************

The next meeting of the Message Passing Interface (MPI) Forum will take
place in Dallas, September 22-24, 1993. Details are given below. 

The ongoing email discussion on MPI standardization issues can be obtained
from netlib. To find out what is available via email send the
following message to [email-masked]:

	send index from mpi

or use xnetlib ("send index from xnetlib" for info).

MPI Forum Meeting, September 22-24, 1993
=====================================

The next meeting of the MPI forum will take place at

      Bristol Suites Hotel
      7800 Alpha Road
      Dallas, Texas
      
The meeting will start at 1pm on Wednesday September 22, 1993, and finish at 
noon on Friday, September 24, 1993. 

Rooms are $89 per night and reservations may be made by calling (214) 233-7600 
(mention MPI meeting). 

The meeting registration fee will be $75. Please make checks and POs payable 
to University of Tennessee. The registration fee will be collected at the 
meeting. The registration fee will go for coffee breaks, meeting rooms, AV and 
printer rentals.

Certain organizations need to see a registration form before giving their
employees money for meetings like this. You can get such a form in PostScript
after noon on Sept. 20 by sending the following message to [email-masked]:

	send mpi-form.ps from mpi

There is no need to send me the registration form or bring it to the meeting.

TBS Shuttle Service will be providing complimentary shuttle service to
and from the airports.  If you fly into DFW, use their courtesy telephone
and dial 03.  If you fly into Love Field, you'll have to use a pay phone.
They can be reached at 817-267-5150.  Upon boarding the shuttle refer to the 
MPI meeting.

We have NOT been able to make any special arrangements with airlines to get 
reduced fares. 

We have secured limited funding from ARPA/NSF for travel expenses of MPI
meeting participants who are from U.S. universities. If you would like
to apply for financial support to attend the September MPI meeting please
send email to me at [email-masked], with justification of why you
need support and an estimate of your travel expenses.

Please send comments and/or suggested changes to the agenda below to me at
[email-masked]

        Provisional Agenda for MPI Meeting, September 22-24, 1993

Wednesday
        TBD
Thursday
        TBD
12:00-1:30  Lunch (provided)
        TBD
6:00-8:00   Dinner (attendees pay, but hotel provides transport to area
                   restaurant)
8:00-10:00  Continued informal subcommittee meetings if necessary
        
Friday 
	TBD