Subject: MPI test implementation

From: [email-masked] (David Walker)
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 15:51:33 -0500

An Argonne report by William Gropp and Ewing Lusk dated December 1992
("A Test Implementation of the MPI Draft Message-Passing Standard", ANL-92/47)
has recently been distributed. Please note that the MPI1 routines referred to
in this document are those in a draft paper that was circulated as a 
discussion document. Many of these routines differ from those in the final
version of MPI1, or are omitted. The final version of the MPI1 draft standard
may be obtained by sending the email message "send mpi1.ps from mpi" to
[email-masked]. For those of you interested in correctly referencing this
the bibtex item is as follows:

@techreport{MPI1,
        author  = "J. J. Dongarra and R. Hempel and A. J. G. Hey
                   and D. W. Walker",
        title   = "A Proposal for a User-Level, Message Passing Interface
                   in a Distributed Memory Environment",
        institution = "Oak Ridge National Laboratory",
        number  = "{TM}-12231",
	month   = "March",
        year    = 1993}

Regards,
David Walker.

---

From: Rusty Lusk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 15:41:32 -0600

Thanks for setting the record straight.  That Tech. Report went into the
Argonne mill in early December, and we had no idea that it would take it this
long to be distributed and therefore how out-of-date it would be when it
finally did get mailed.

- Rusty