Subject: background information

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 93 17:16:32 GMT

Dear MPI Colleagues

I found the February  meeting both enjoyable and stimulating. It seems
to me  that the question of process groups and communication  contexts
remains fairly open,  and  the  committee  has  taken  steps  to  move
forward.

I am sending the interface specification  for the system which we have
implemented   in  Edinburgh,   called   CHIMP.   It   doesn't  contain
heterogeneous  support  and the such,  but  it  has  a  very  flexible
approach  to process groups/contexts. We've used this  extensively for
both SPMD and MIMD application and library development.

It's coming in three parts, first below, and it's a uuencoded
compressed PostScript file.

>-------------------------------Cut-Here-------------------------------<
begin 644 interface.ps.Z
>-------------------------------Cut-Here-------------------------------<

   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
  / e||)   Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre   e||) \ 
  \ c||c   Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]    c||c /
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------