Subject: mpi; future availability

From: L J Clarke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 93 12:31:48 BST

Howdy y'all

This may sound a little premature, but its something are frequently
asked, so I just thought I'd see if there is an answer.  I'd be really
grateful for any real answers. 

We know that there is planned a demonstration of MPI at Supercomputing,
and an MPI workshop.

What will be the availability status of the demonstrator implementation,
and of the TCP/IP mpid which is being written (by Tony et al, I recall)?

Are any of the vendors able to give quotable information about when
implementations of MPI will be released for their machines? 

Its actually quite important to know these things for acceptance of MPI
in project planning, and we are doing our bit to promote acceptance of
MPI, and have a lot of project planning here at the moment. 

Thanks and Best Wishes
Lyndon

         /--------------------------------------------------------\
    e||) | Lyndon J Clarke    Edinburgh Parallel Computing Centre | e||) 
    c||c | Tel: 031 650 5021  Email: [email-masked]  | c||c 
         \--------------------------------------------------------/