High Performance Computers
- BTIO Although parallel file systems support similar interfaces, the lack of a standard makes developing a truly portable program impossible. Working together, IBM T.J. Watson Research Center and the Parallel Systems Group at the NAS facility (NASA Ames Research Center) have drafted MPI-IO, a proposal to address the portable parallel I/O problem. BTIO is the NAS Application benchmark for MPI-IO.
- Cachebench This is version 1.1 of a program to empirically determine some parameters about an architectures memory subsystem. Portions of it may be used an upcoming benchmark suite like ParkBench.
- Dhrystone Benchmarks Short synthetic benchmark program intended to be representative for system (integer) programming.
- Equation Solver Performance Statistics from 21 benchmark applications at NASA Langley Computational Structures Branch.
- EXPAR Experimental Parallel Algorithmics at UMIACS
- Fhourstone Benchmarks Small integer-only program that solves positions in the game of connect-4 using exhaustive search with a very large transposition table.
- Flops Benchmarks Estimates MFLOPS rating for specific FADD, FSUB, FMUL, and FDIV instruction mixes.
- The FIRE Benchmarks FIRE is a general purpose software package developed specifically for computing compressible , incompressible turbulent
(laminar) or (non-) reacting fluid flows in complex 3D geometries with highly transient boundary conditions.
- GAMESS The General Atomic and Molecular Electronic Structure System (GAMESS) is a general ab initio quantum chemistry package.
- GAMESS-Manual TESTS / Version (29 Jun 93)
- The Genesis Benchmarking SuiteThe GENESIS distributed-memory benchmark suite was assembled to fulfill a need forevaluating the performance of distributed memory MIMD systems on scientific and engineering applications.
- Graphical Benchmark Information Service
- Hanoi Benchmarks An integer program that solves the Towers of Hanoi puzzle using recursive function calls.
- Heapsort Benchmarks An integer program that uses the "heap sort" method of sorting a random array of long integers up to 2 megabytes in size.
- HINT Hierarchical INTegration Benchmarking
- The Micro Benchmark Small benchmarks which measures a particular aspect of shared memory machines under controlled conditions
- MPBench This is version 3 of a program to measure the performance of some critical PVM and now MPI functions. By critical we mean that the behavior of these functions can dominate the run time of a distributed application. This program generates data points to be fed to a graphing tool like GNUplot. In version 2, the graphs for broadcast and reduce were 3D surface plots, while the rest are 2D.
- NAS Parallel Benchmarks The NAS Parallel Benchmarks (NPB) are a set of 8 programs designed to help evaluate the performance of parallel supercomputers. The benchmarks, which are derived from computational fluid dynamics (CFD) applications, consist of five kernels and three pseudo-applications.
- NSieve Benchmarks
- Parallel Community Climate Model for Scalable Message Passing Systems (PCCM2)PCCM2.1 is a parallel version of the NCAR Community Climate Model, CCM2, implemented for MIMD massively parallel computers using a message-passing programming paradigm. Click here for the User's Guide for PCCM2(in Postscript)
- PARKBENCH PARallel Kernels and BENCHmarks
- Performance Evaluation and Benchmarking Projects at CSRD Perfect Benchmarks: A suite of scientific and engineering programs that are representative of applications run on high-performance computers has been collected in a joint effort of several US research and development orgainizations.
- Phil's Parkbench Bits This site contains some experimental software related to the ParkBench suite of
benchmarks for parallel computers.
- PSTSWM PSTSWM Version 4.0 is a message-passing benchmark code and parallel algorithm testbed that solves the nonlinear shallow water equations on a rotating sphere using the spectral transform method. Click here for the log form to download the User's Guide for PSTSWM 4.0 (in Postscript)
- The Scalable I/O Initiative The Scalable I/O Initiative, a project of the Concurrent Supercomputing Consortium, systematically investigates a primary obstacle to effective use of current gigaFLOPS-scale and future teraFLOPS-scale computing systems: getting data into, around, and out of the system.
- Sim Benchmarks An integer program that compares DNA segments for similarity.
- SKaMPI Benchmark Measures many MPI operations. Useful for tuning and predicting performance of MPI programs.
- SPEC (Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation) SPEC was formed in 1988 to establish, maintain, and endorse a standardized set of relevant benchmarks and metrics for performance evaluation of modern computer systems. SPEC95 Benchmarks are posted here.
- SPEC (Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation) at PDS SPEC was formed in 1988 to establish, maintain, and endorse a standardized set of relevantbenchmarks and metrics for performance evaluation of modern computer systems. CINT92,CFP92,SFS1,SDM1 Benchmarks are posted here.
- Sphinx Parallel microbenchmark suite that measures performance of MPI and Pthreads
- STREAM Measuring Sustainable Memory Bandwidth in High Performance Computers
- TFFTdp Benchmarks This program performs FFT's using the Duhamel-Hollman method for FFT's from 32 to 262,144 points in size.
- Top 500 Supercomputer Sites at Manheim University and Netlib To provide a better basis for statistics on high-performance computers, Netlib lists the sites that have the 500 most powerful computer systems installed. The best Linpack benchmark performance
achieved is used as a performance measure in ranking the computers.
- Vector Signal Image Processing (VSIP) Library Provides information on DARPA/US Navy effort to standardize DSP libraries (1996-1998)
Click here if you would like to add a url to this page