Non-OS X altivec?

Guys,

Right now, config only support OS X for altivec.  None of the patched gcc's
I was able to get my hands on worked correctly under linux, but I would guess
at some point Linux and *BSD users would like to have access to the AltiVec
unit, since it speeds up everything on the G4.

So, does anyone out there have a non-OS X G4 and an altivec enabled gcc?  If
so, I'd like to either get an account or have someone run some cases for me
so that I can see what needs to be done to get this support into the stable
release . . .

Thanks,
Clint