Re: abs()

Hi Clint,

probably this is well-known, but for Sparc, gcc -O compiles a call to
the standard maths function fabs() as a fabss instruction (this works
for single or double precision).  Nothing could be easier :).
The latest Solaris compilers (f95 at least) will convert the conditional
( (x) >= 0.0 ? (x) : -(x) ) to an fabss too.

Regards, Peter

eg.  #define ATL_dabs(x)  fabs(x)