RE: Speeding up ATLAS build time

Camm,

I intend to ensure that the actual timing
runs are not done in parallel.  I intend to
pore through the code and everywhere a make
is done that just builds object files,
libraries, or executables, I will switch to
a parametrized make command, which would be
act as a "make -j 2*NPROCESSOR" if "make -j"
is OK, and "make" otherwise.  In order to
not screw up the serial install, I intend
to modify setup.c to check that "make -j N"
works, and to add a flag that says that
parallel makes are OK.

Cheers,

Carl