Speeding up ATLAS build time

Clint,

I am in the process of building an RPM spec file for ATLAS
that should make it easier to create RPM files for ATLAS
which can be shared across uniform clusters.

At any rate, I have been thinking of ways to speed up the
build time.  In my experience, it is almost always faster
to use "make -j N", where N is usually 2 or 3 times the
number of processors.  Particularly on my dual processor
machine, it would be really nice to (roughly) halve the
build time.  I am starting to go through ATLAS to figure
out how to modify the system so it can automatically
use "make -j N" while building libraries and executables,
and "make" while doing timing runs.

If/when I get it working, would you like me to send you
a patch file?

Cheers,

Carl

[(hp)]	Carl Staelin